Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Wednesday Waffling

Hi guys, well looking at the blogs I'm following it seems that I'm not the only one who finds a daily blog a struggle. Anyway I'm a busy bee this morning on my course homework which is to summarise first learnings into between 100 and 200 words. It's not that I'm a waffler, but I just managed 181 and I hadn't even started yet! Here it is for your amusement:

Boom! So it hit me right there in the Subud Hall: I can’t be a successful personal coach and career mentor without being willing to work through the same processes that I will be expecting my clients and customers to take on. Having ventured onto the course after many years wanting to do an NLP course and still more thinking about being a life coach, here I was with a stark reality: I too was going to change. The good news was I didn’t have to try I just needed to go with it and see what happened.


It was with great love that I devoted myself to looking at my core values. I can honestly say it was an epiphany moment when I realised that essentially working with these sorts of ideas that I had always loved was now my job. After much scribbling, juggling definitions and a study full of index cards each representing a value I came up with my first list of core values in order of priority for me now here in this moment.

Achievements for the day should read:
* completed course journal
* completed course homework
* met with marketing mentor
* completing meeting minutes
* read course textbook

Quote for the day has to be from Mark Twain:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment