Thursday, 12 September 2013

Decisions Decisions

Wow, 

Busy busy day. I managed to track down the people from the local training provider I had been after yesterday. I got hold of them just after nine and today has been a manic whirlwind of trying to gather information about my top two training companies ever since. In the end it came down to pure geography simply because I could not choose between them based on either standards of teaching or standards of service. 

So I have gone with the local one and start the day after tomorrow! The owner of the business does about half of the training himself and comes highly recommended by my career coach. The alternative also came highly recommended by my husband and in the end it made sense to do the one on my doorstep.

Also went to a high intensity fitness class today. Not sure what 'I' did could be classed as high intensity, but it felt good to be in with people who must surely be in the top 10% of fitness. What's more it was fun and the personal trainer that leads it is really excellent. 

Came back and reread the course details, had a last consultation with the other half and gave the alternative providers a courtesy call to let them know I was going local as it were.

Booked up my course, so will spend the rest of the day doing a short piece of homework they have set to be done prior to the course. Plan to take a day off tomorrow as will lose time at the weekend and am determined not to work a seven day week.

Also got details of an accountant and have rung him and asked him to get back to me with his thoughts on accounting for a social enterprise.

Achievements:
* Spoke with an accountant
* Booked course
* Completed pre course homeowork
* Created a system for receipts and invoices
* Continued reading social enterprise book

Words of wisdom come from the personal trainer who took the class this morning, during the post exercise stretching, with reference to the exercise routine, which was frankly pretty hard core:

We're just going to keep on getting stronger.

What a brilliant thing to say to someone when you're feeling something has got the better of you...


No comments:

Post a Comment