Thursday, 26 September 2013

Enterprise Event

Afternoon all,

So here I am back at the office after a fairly exciting morning learning about social enterprise legal structures and rubbing shoulders with some very inspiring social entrepreneurs. Went for a coffee with one of them and it was good to hear I wasn't the only one who found building a social enterprise a bit lonely at times. Also great to see people at all stages of the journey to construct a business or charity.

Also had a fabulous chat with one of my best friends, who said she felt like it sounded like the right direction for me. She also inadvertently ended my doubts about whether I'd done the right thing walking away from a big corporation. I'm not saying I'd never work for a blue chip company again, quite the opposite in fact. She just made me realise that I have to do this because I'll never really be able to settle in one until I've tried. 

So achievements for the day:
* Clarified legal structures for social enterprises
* Met with social entrepreneurs
* Completed core values work
* Continued to read course text book
* Continued course journal

Words of wisdom today:

Don't leap into setting up until you're sure the business has longevity.

No comments:

Post a Comment