Hello all,
One of those days today where I'm really not sure where the day went. Took my returns for my work wardrobe to the post office first thing. It seemed to take an age for me to get them packed up, still it was nice to get them out of the house and come home to my new work wardrobe! Also spent some time packing up birthday presents for my friend's children as she was coming round this morning.
So it was that the tenacious trio were reunited to start another term and I got back in touch with my role of Mummy again, as I chatted with two of my best pals. I find these catch ups really grounding and though I struggle to record them as work time, I feel like they provide me with so much stability I simply can't erase them from my week. It's also where today's words of wisdom come from, though I am still looking for a suitable version on line of the favourite analogy used by one of these friends.
Since lunchtime I have been looking at web-sites recommended by the social enterprise book I have been reading. There were over fifty in total and whilst I set out simply to get some ideas for my own web-site, I have finished feeling totally overwhelmed by it all. I feel sure I do have a good idea and it felt so so right just a few days ago, but frankly turning into something that will create meaningful difference in the way these organisations have, just feels daunting at the minute.
I feel like I'm a one man band and I desperately need a sounding board. The irony of that! Ha, setting up a mentoring and coaching business and needing a mentor. Anyway I have contacting my marketing mentor for a session and may also get in touch with my career coach next week too! Also seeing one of my mentees at the weekend, which I'm certain will give me a wee boost.
So achievements for the day:
* finalised work wardrobe
* bookmarked 50+ web-sites
* emailed mentor
* organised get together with mentee
* did course homework
Wisdom for the day is the analogy of the monkey on your shoulder. The idea is fairly simple we are all given the same number of hours in each day. We all must choose which responsibilities we take on, which problems we make ours. The monkey represents these. When someone comes along with a monkey on their shoulder we must decide whether to take it onto ours. We must always remember though that if we do, not only will we take it on, we will have to feed and care for the monkeys we have acquired, however many there are of them!!!
Read more here: http://www.kingfahdweb.com/library/self-develop/monkey.pdf
And with that I'm going to drink my glass of red and look forward to a fresh start on Monday, when I will start working my way through the social enterprise book's actions recognising I can't write a web-site until I've written a business plan and once that is done, given the best web-sites seem to say the least it actually won't take very long at all. :D The good news being I don't feel I have any unwanted monkeys on my shoulder and it feels sooo good :)
No comments:
Post a Comment