Hello again,
Well this is actually working out to be quite a good way of keeping motivated in my new venture. I was up late last night telling a good friend of mine all about my plans for this new venture, consequently I was up late this morning, but knowing I was planning to check in here later today I have actually had quite a productive afternoon.
Something I was talking about with my friend was my being conscious than in order to maintain my current high levels of happiness with and enthusiasm for life, I felt the need to continue with some supportive activities. My main hesitation in going forward with this company is I confess the lack of time with other people i.e. the working alone in the first instance. Having spent several years as a full time parent, I am conscious how important social contact is.
I have decided to punctuate my week with three key activities. I plan to go for a run with a friend at the start of the week, meet a bible study group at my church midweek and finish the week with my usual coffee with two trusted friends at the end of the week (the tenacious trio). These three events will keep me on track I believe and full of energy both to coach and mentor others as well as drive and lead the company forward. So today's achievements are:
* Brainstormed ideas for my new company with a good friend
* Downloaded and started reading first new business text on Kindle
* Ordered a mouse mat!
* Set up a company pinterest account
* Opened a cloud account for document storage
Today's words of wisdom come from the school mum friend of mine, who summed up my decisions regarding next steps with my career in less than ten words:
Sometimes the first thing is the right thing.
After my first (if short) working week, I am already feeling instinctively that perhaps she was indeed very right in this. Coaching has been my first thought whenever I have thought of specialising and as I progress with it, it just feel more and more that it is something that I am good at. It is certainly true that everyone who knows me well seems to say very sincerely 'I think you'd be really good at that' and there's wisdom in listening to those who know you well.
No comments:
Post a Comment