Hi,
Well after a lovely weekend with the family, I feel like I have been hard at it today. Met up with another business owner today. She inspires me and I felt even more sure that I'm doing the right thing, giving this a go.
We had a good catch up and one lesson struck me in particular and it's that I am not keen to have a business partner not now not ever! Her own business is now incredibly successful and in reality the only real problems have been when that partner decided to leave.
From there I met for lunch with a friend who was previously and English teacher. I forgot entirely that I was meaning to ask her to spell and grammar check my web-site when I get to it, but actually I feel like once again trying to tell someone about my business plans, really helped to hone my thinking and perfect my elevator speech. I feel so thankful to have people like these in my life.
After that I rang a friend who happens to name one of his specialisms as 'social enterprise', which makes me feel that my own relentless networking during my career break has really paid off. Anyway as I said I must be getting clearer in my thinking, because he actually said, "sounds like you've got it all sorted", which felt like praise indeed from someone who works in the field.
Achievements:
* Spoke with specialist in social enterprises
* Spoke with Social Enterprise Works
* Registered for a free social enterprise surgery
* Did course homework
* Set up course practice group
* Networked with a business owner
Words of wisdom today come from the founder of Slimtone who, on her very inspiring web-site for her diet plan of which I am a huge fan, says six wonderful words:
I put my dream into action
No comments:
Post a Comment