Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Weird Wednesday

Well frankly I find it rather strange that people appear to be reading or at least looking at this blog, but it certainly makes me feel like continuing! Strange, but nice is what I mean.

So today started with our first family pet dying, so it's fair to say that in moments like this I can see why the point of getting an office outside the home will be an important milestone for my business. Still I did get straight back from getting the children to breakfast club and crack on. 

Started by getting on with populating my new calendar and generally being my own PA. Then received a call back from one of the course providers, which was very positive.

Went out mid morning to my study group, where it turned out we were not doing bible study this first week back, but rather having a social brunch. Everyone was a bit flat, which left me wondering whether people suffer post Summer holiday blues, especially Mums. Anyway had a good chat with one of the girls in the group, who it turned out unbeknown to me is a life coach. She also trained in NLP with the Coaching Academy and was able to tell me about that.

Came back and cracked on with diary planning. Now have a completely populated diary from which to work and can see now the benefits of having an online one shared with my other half, something I have certainly put off.

Also continued my enquiries into courses. Have found a brilliant one that runs in Bristol starting Saturday. So now feel literally spoilt for choice. Have spent the rest of the day looking at the course details for the two top contenders. So achievements for the day:

* Narrowed down search for training to two courses and spoke with NLP trainer
* Realised I had one life coaching contact I didn't know I had
* Populated google calendar
* Continued reading social enterprise book
* Emailed my career coach!

Words of wisdom for today come from a company web-site, which I worked on, which has stuck with me through the day:

“If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe” Abraham Lincoln




No comments:

Post a Comment