Hello everyone,
Well this is me signing in to be a blogger. Having started my first social enterprise yesterday, I thought it might be useful to keep track of my activities in the form of a blog. To give you a bit of context, I am starting a social enterprise which aims to offer coaching and mentoring services to all who wish to access them. This is a self funded venture at present, so I am keen to be as productive as possible.
Yesterday, I tackled my first obstacle in that our home computer has died. I quickly realised that just about every step I wanted to take involved a computer. Initially I set off to the library to see if I could order some books for background reading to my venture, so I would like to note here that the library is shut on Wednesdays, lest I forget next week! Undeterred I took the opportunity to pop into nearby Tesco and stock up on some basic stationary for my new office.
I carried on to Waterstone's to see if they had the book I am after in stock, but unfortunately not. So my next stop was John Lewis for a chat with a very helpful chap by the name of Mark about current laptops on the market. So I have now narrowed down my options for a laptop to three models of Sony Vaio. Having run them past my in house expert (my husband) I am pretty sure we will end up with the a silver, touch screen version with a nice fast processor.
After this I spent the rest of the day clearing out the study that it might become the aforementioned new office and it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. So in summary progress for day one is as follows:
* procured office stationary
* selected laptop
* performed "The 5 Ss" procedure on the home office
* agreed working hours with partner
I finished the day at the hairdressers and was encouraged by my entrepreneurial friend who encouraged me and reminded me to 'have a nosey' at what others in my field are doing. Made me chuckle because this is really such brilliant business advice and my years of specialising in competitive intelligence (CI) were summed up in these three simple words, which in many ways summarise CI activity perfectly. So next week I will be scheduling so time to:
Have a Nosey.
No comments:
Post a Comment